29 November 2011
01 June 2011
ASSIGNMENT 2 - INSTRUCTIONS
- Identify a topic/problem present in your rural area as a prototype to be explored in your assignment.
- Present its state of the art and explain why it is of interest (local, national, global). This topic/problem should represent a real issue with a direct relevance to organic cultivation. Use material and literature available in the web to describe it with text and figures.
- Approach and communicate with one or more member(s)/farmer(s) connected to this topic. Decide which type of presentation/communication methods suit better your discussions and consultations and APPLY THEM.
- Report the exchange of information, discussions, decisions that are made. Define the actions that you propose to address this project/problem.
- Report the progress that occurs during the period of 2 weeks and all outcomes of your consultation. Comment critically on your plan and save it for future reference.
Format and size of the assignment is not standard, depends on the topic.
You may request the opinion of a relevant CerOrganic tutor at any point in the preparation of your assignment.
25 May 2011
What you need to know about assignment one.
For assignment one you need to create an outline of the Blended Learning Course you are developing on the powerpoint template. You should show how your course will be delivered as blended learning- similar to the exercise that you did on Monday.
The powerpoint will be presented on Saturday Morning except for those participants leaving early and they will present their powerpoint on Friday morning. Would those participants who are presenting on Friday, please give your name to Dr. Carolyn Owen.
You can present either in a group or individually but you must remember that every person must develop their own course for assignment 2.
- Please put your email address on the powerpoint slide so that feedback can be sent to you. I will have all feedback completed by Tuesday 31/05/2011.
15 May 2011
A list of links has been added to the course description of unit C534a.6, for reading during the following week, and for which some comments will be required.
14 May 2011
There have been a number of enquiries as to when you should choose the topic of your presentation, and who will approve this choice.
Presentation topics will be selected during the first few days of the Summer School at MAICh, in consultation with the CerOrganic tutors with most relevant experience of the proposed subject, and also those with the greatest knowledge of the conditions/climate in your local area. We would also recommend, if possible, that you make contact with farmers in your local area and ask them about problems that they are facing – or areas in which they would like to be better informed. You may also contact the CerOrganic tutors through the Web Portal and request their comments on you proposed topic.